Adult Dog Care
Preventive wellness care is the root of good overall health and wellness for your pet. Annual or biannual wellness exams are the best way you can ensure that your companion lives a long, happy life. Your dog’s wellness exam at Westchester Veterinary Center is also a fantastic opportunity to discuss any concerns you have about your dog’s health with one of our veterinary professionals. We strongly believe in client education and encourage discussions about your dog’s nutrition, dental care, mobility, immunizations, and age related changes.
Our adult canine wellness exams include:
- Obtain a medical history and check your dog’s vital signs
- Record your dog’s weight
- Perform a complete physical examination
- Perform a dental evaluation
- Protect your dog from infectious diseases through the judicious use of vaccines based on the age, health and environment of your dog
- Screen for the presence of parasites in blood and stool
- Recommend safe medications to eradicate parasites
- Discuss your dog’s nutritional needs and any behavioral issues
- Test your dog for heartworm disease
- Recommend heartworm and flea/tick preventives
Call us today for more information about our adult canine wellness services.