Diagnostic Testing for your Dog in Los Angeles, CA
At Westchester Veterinary Center, we have state of the art diagnostic technology that will properly and accurately diagnose underlying conditions in your pet. Our hospital offers digital radiography as well as complete laboratory testing services.
X-rays are a common imaging tool we use to examine your dog or cat’s organs and their cardiopulmonary, gastrointestinal, reproductive, and urinary systems. This non-invasive procedure allows us to get a better look at the conditions affecting your pet. Digital x-rays produce a higher quality image than film x-rays, and are available instantly. Digital radiology is also much safer than traditional radiology, as there is less time spent exposed to harmful radiation.
When digital radiology is used:
- To find foreign objects or materials within the body that may have been ingested.
- To diagnose fractures, bone and/or joint abnormalities, and various injuries.
- To screen for abnormalities within the heart, lungs, urinary, and digestive organs.
- To screen for some types of cancer.
- To examine teeth for bone loss, fractures, or other dental issues.
We have an in-house laboratory that allows us to quickly evaluate and diagnose your pet’s health using tests such as routine fecal screenings, urinalysis, heartworm tests, complete blood counts, pre-surgical screenings, and blood chemistry profiles.